The Jamaican Consulate in partnership with the Health Insurance Commission will hold a Forum on Tuesday, 13 March, at the George Town, Town Hall 5:30 – 7:30pm to discuss this issue. The panel will include persons from the Cayman Islands Health Insurance Commission and the topics that will be covered are:
- Overview of the health insurance legislation and why health insurance is mandatory in the Cayman Islands?
- Recent amendments to the health insurance law
- Role of employers and the role of employees
- How should premiums be paid (employer / employee contributions)?
- What is “uninsured medical expenses” and who is responsible?
- New work permit holders – pre-approval process for health insurance cover.
The Forum will be useful for employees and employers and a generous amount of time will be provided for questions & answers.
112 total views, 1 today