The RCIPS is informing the public about the following road closures taking place this weekend in order to facilitate events for CayMas Carnival.
Pan Explosion Finals, Soca Monarch & Flaunt Fete:
Thursday, 17 May from 6:30PM
– Harbour Drive (between Boilers Road and Fort Street), Cardinal Avenue, and Shedden Road (between Elgin Avenue and Harbour Drive) will be closed to facilitate preparation for the event.
– The roads will reopen as soon as preparation is complete.
Friday, 18 May – 7:00PM to 3:00AM
– Harbour Drive (between Boilers Road and Fort Street), Cardinal Avenue, and Shedden Road (between Elgin Avenue and Harbour Drive) will be closed.
CayMas Carnival Street Parade:
Saturday, 19 May – 12:00PM to 6:00PM
– Harbour Drive, between Goring Avenue and Fort Street, will be closed from 12:00PM
– The parade will begin at 1:00PM on Harbour Drive, just south of Fort Street, and will proceed north along North Church Street, onto West Bay Road and end at the Seven Mile Public Beach.
– As the procession passes closed junctions, these will be re-opened to afford motorists the use of the road to the rear of the procession.
– Once the procession arrives at Seven Mile Public Beach, the portion of West Bay Road west of the entrance to the public beach parking lot will be closed, until the parade trucks and floats have dispersed.
– Until this portion of the road is reopened, motorists turning onto West Bay Road from the public beach roundabout will only be able to access the public beach parking lot.
261 total views, 1 today