The National Roads Authority (NRA) along with fellow members of the Traffic Management Panel (TMP) happily announce that the proposed speed limit changes will take effect on 7th March 2016. The proposed changes are as follows, which are highlighted in the below maps, which also can be found on the NRA website; all other speed limits will remain as is. Please take note of the new speed limit of 35MPH on North Sound Road in George Town, Seaview Road in East End and small sections of the Esterley Tibbetts Highway in West Bay.
Please take due care when traversing the roads and be mindful of these changes, which are:
1. Sections in West Bay from 25MPH to 30MPH.
2. Esterley Tibbetts Highway connection to Willie Farrington Drive from 25 MPH to 35 MPH.
3. West Bay Road from Central George Town to the Public Beach from 40MPH to 25MPH.
4. North Sound Road/Thomas Russell Way from Bobby Thompson to Butterfield Roundabout from 25MPH to 35MPH.
5. Crewe Road between the Silver Oaks and DMS Rdbt from 25MPH to 30 MPH
6. Shamrock Road near Prospect between Red Bay Roundabout and Dr. Tomlinson Roundabout from 25MPH to 30MPH
7. Hirst Road in Savannah from Countryside to the end from 25MPH to 30MPH.
8. Anton Bodden Road from 25MPH to 30MPH.
9. Austin Connolly Drive near the Morritz from 50MPH to 35MPH.
For more information on the proposed changes, please visit the NRA website at www.caymanroads.com, email email@example.com or contact Marion Pandohie at 946-7780.
2494 total views, 1 today