Tafari Young resume
- North Side Public Meeting 09/11/2018
- Remembrance Sunday Ceremony 08/11/2018
- Motorists Urged to Exercise Caution During Movers For Life 10K, Monday, 12 November 07/11/2018
- Road Closures for Pirates Week, 7-12 November 02/11/2018
- DCI Hosts Information Session 02/11/2018
- Girlguiding 7th Annual Christmas Arts and Craft Bazaar 01/11/2018
- Precautions and Safety Tips for Halloween 30/10/2018
- DEH Bulk Waste Collection Begins Soon 24/10/2018
- NRA Continues Road Improvement Works along North Church Street 20/10/2018
- Road works on Crewe Road between Navis Close and Silver Oaks Roundabout 18/10/2018
FreeCayAds is the Classifieds section of Cayman News Service Ltd. Once you have registered as a member, posting new ads is free.
Cayman News Service Ltd is a limited liability company registered in the Cayman Islands. The company has two shareholders, Nicola "Nicky" Watson and Wendy Ledger. Nicola Watson is the only director of Cayman News Service Ltd. Income for the company is entirely from paid advertisements.
- Rogue rider charged with list of offences(CNS): A 21-year-old-man found himself in police lock-up for most of the holiday weekend following his arrest on Saturday afternoon for a catalog of crimes, from stealing a motorbike to resisting arrest, after officers in the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service chopper spotted him and another rider performing stunts on the Esterley Tibbetts Highway. Police […]
- Police catch teenage suspect car thieves(CNS): The Royal Cayman Islands Police Service dealt with several break-ins to cars parked in downtown George Town this weekend during the Pirates Week festivities but also managed to round up two teenage suspects and seize a substantial amount of property. The teens were arrested for going equipped for stealing, theft, and possession and consumption […]
- CIG launches NiCE Christmas project(CNS): Local unemployed workers will have another chance to join the seasonal clean-up programme next week. But this year the National Community Enhancement (NiCE) Project for Christmas 2018 will run for three weeks ahead of the holiday, starting on Monday, 26 November, and ending on Friday, 14 December. Caymanians can register at the Lions Centre […]
- Hawksbill turtle nest hatches on Cayman Brac(CNS): As the last of the turtle nests on Cayman Brac hatched this weekend, volunteers with Turtle Watch revealed on their Facebook page that the nest contained Hawksbills — particularly good news after the recent unfortunate drowning of a juvenile Hawksbill in the North Sound. Cayman Brac is the only place where hawksbills have nested […]
- Jamaican allegedly smuggled cocaine in food(CNS): A 30-year-old Jamaican man has been arrested on suspicion of possession and importation of around five pounds of cocaine, customs officials have said. The man was taken into custody at Owen Roberts International Airport on Friday night during a joint customs and police intelligence-led operation following his arrival on a Cayman Airways flight from Kingston. The narcotics […]
- Nine Cubans land in Brac as 18 return to sea(CNS): A boat carrying 27 Cuban migrants arrived in waters around Cayman Brac at the weekend. However, it has since left the island with 18 people still aboard returning to its perilous voyage, the Department of Immigration (DoI) has confirmed. Before the boat left, eight men and one woman opted to disembark here and those […]
- BT man charged with beating woman(CNS): A 28-year-old Bodden Town man was expected in court Tuesday, having been charged with GBH following a weekend in custody. The man was arrested last Thursday by police after a woman who had been badly beaten arrived at the hospital early that morning. Staff in emergency services called the police when the woman turned up […]
- Thousands lose power in CUC’s latest equipment failure(CNS): CUC maintenance crews were hard at work Sunday after an as yet undisclosed technical problem cut electricity to as many as 14,000 customers. According to a post on the company’s Facebook page, customers in West Bay, George Town, Bodden Town and North Side were affected but the monopoly power provider has not yet explained […]
From the Blog
The MLA for North Side, Mr. Ezzard Miller, is inviting all North Side residents to a public meeting at the Craddock Ebanks Civic Centre on Tuesday (Nov. 13), at 8 pm. On the agenda will be the legislation proposed by Government for the upcoming meeting of the Legislative Assembly and matters relating to the construction of public bathroom facilities at the North Side Public Beach.
WHO: Protocol Office WHAT: Remembrance Sunday Ceremony WHEN: Sunday, 11 November 2018 at 10.45 a.m. Attendees and participants are asked to be assembled and seated by 10.30 a.m.
On Monday, 12 November, Movers for Life is hosting a 10K, which begins at 4:30AM. The participants will leave from the Countryside Shopping Centre, and travel west along Shamrock Road, and South Sound Road, then north on South Church Street, Harbour Drive, and West Bay Road, and finish at the Seven Mile Public Beach. No roads will be […]
The RCIPS is informing the public of the following road closures taking place next week in order to facilitate the Pirates Week festivities, and additional closures to facilitate the Remembrance Sunday Ceremony on 12 November:
The Department of Commerce and Investment’s Compliance and Enforcement Unit is hosting an information session on Thursday, 8 November 2018 at the George Town Town Hall from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. The purpose of the event is to educate Trade and Business licensees, who hold a licence for promotions and events, about the conditions […]