- Motorists Advised to Exercise Caution During Iglesia Ni Cristo Family Fun Run 10/01/2019
- Old Time New Year Family Fun Day 31/12/2018
- Update on Garbage Collection in Grand Cayman 31/12/2018
- Garbage Collection Notice for Christmas 2018 19/12/2018
- Motorists Advised to Exercise Caution During John Gray High School Cross Country, 18 December 13/12/2018
- Road Closure for Celebrate Cayman Museum Exhibit Opening, 15 December 12/12/2018
- Needs Assessment Unit: Holiday Office Closures 11/12/2018
- North Side garden party 09/12/2018
- Sunrise Invites the Public To Christmas Service 08/12/2018
- Motorists Advised of CIMRA Toys 4 Tots Toy Run, Sunday, 9 December 06/12/2018
FreeCayAds is the Classifieds section of Cayman News Service Ltd. Once you have registered as a member, posting new ads is free.
Cayman News Service Ltd is a limited liability company registered in the Cayman Islands. The company has two shareholders, Nicola "Nicky" Watson and Wendy Ledger. Nicola Watson is the only director of Cayman News Service Ltd. Income for the company is entirely from paid advertisements.
- Eight Cubans begin hunger strike(CNS): A group of eight Cuban migrants being held at the Immigration Detention Centre who landed in the Cayman Islands in September have begun a hunger strike to protest the immigration process, how their asylum claims are being handled, their access to bi-lingual attorneys and restricted access to communications. CNS understands that the asylum claims […]
- NS man denies stealing CI$7k in GT robbery(CNS): In Grand Court 0n Friday Wayne Alphonso Bellafonte Jr (26) from North Side pleaded not guilty to charges of robbery and the possession of an imitation gun in connection with a home invasion in Palm Dale, George Town, last summer. He is expected to face trial in May. Bellafonte is accused of entering a residence […]
- New plan proposes CPA decide coastal works(CNS): A National Planning Framework to underpin what will be become the new development plan for Grand Cayman, which is currently going through public consultation, is proposing that the Central Planning Authority, rather than Cabinet, makes decisions about development below the high-water mark, such as docks, sea walls, dredging and moorings. The proposal is one […]
- OfReg gives nod to CUC plan to ease off fossil fuels(CNS): The utilities regulator, OfReg, has accepted a plan submitted by the Caribbean Utilities Company (CUC) that sets out a road-map for future energy use and a transition from a fossil fuel based portfolio to one dominated by renewable energy, introducing natural gas and increasing the storage and baseload of renewable generation technologies. The plan was prepared by […]
- Panton warns of tourism conflict(CNS): Former environment minister Wayne Panton has expressed concerns that the proposed cruise berthing development in George Town and the number of passengers needed to support it could cause serious conflict within Cayman’s tourism product. Panton is well respected for his knowledge of conservation issues and, as a Cabinet minister in the last administration, steered […]
- Food supply to Cayman amid US shutdownWill the US government shutdown affect food supply to the Cayman Islands? I have also heard that the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has cut back on inspections. Will that compromise the safety of the products that are imported and put out on Cayman’s shelves? Read Auntie’s Answer and comment on CNS Local Life
- British PM faces no confidence vote after Brexit deal defeat(CNS): Theresa May sustained a resounding defeat in the British House of Commons, Tuesday, when MPs voted against her much disliked Brexit deal 432 to 202, in the heaviest parliamentary defeat of any British prime minister in modern history. Given what he described as “a catastrophic defeat” for the prime minister, Opposition Leader Jeremy Corbyn […]
- Police on hunt for bald headed street robber(CNS): Police are appealing for witnesses to a street robbery around 8:30pm on Friday on Sound Way in George Town. A man who was walking along the road was approached from behind by another man, assaulted and robbed of his wallet and other personal items. The mugger, who was described as a dark skinned slim […]
From the Blog
On Sunday, 13 January, Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of God) will be hosting a family fun run, from 9:00AM to 11:00AM. The event begins at Smith Cove and participants will travel north along South Church Street, east on Memorial Avenue, south on Walkers Road, west on Denham Thompson Way, and back to Smith Cove. Motorists […]
At the Ed Bush Stadium in West Bay on Tuesday, 1st January, 2019. Free activities will include bouncing castles, sports competitions and old time Caymanian games. Free refreshments and entertainment will be provided. There will also be Caymanian art and crafts for sale. Come out with your family and have an enjoyable time!
The Department of Environmental Health (DEH) advises residents of Grand Cayman to anticipate delays in garbage pick-up, in some areas of Bodden Town, East End and West Bay today (Monday, 31 Dec 2018).
The Department of Environmental Health (DEH) advises the public that there will be no garbage collection services on Christmas Day, Tuesday, 25 December 2018. The department will also close landfills in Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman to the public at that time.
The John Gray High School is hosting a Cross Country run on Tuesday, 18 December, starting and ending at the Truman Bodden Sports Complex at 10:00AM. The participants will leave from the sports complex, travel along Olympic Way, Aspiration Drive, and onto Fairbanks Road.