One of the nicest lots in the Bight Area of Cayman Brac. 160 feet on the ocean and Approx 160 feet on the ocean by […]
222 total views, 0 today
The TAYA Lounge open house takes place this evening at Estella’s Place, Crown Square (2nd floor), Eastern Avenue 5:30-7:30pm. Taya Lounge (teens and young adults), a division of non-for-profit Cayman Islands Crisis Centre, is hosting an open house for the community on September 20th, 2018 to give prospective participants and families the opportunity to find […]
The NCVO is hosting its Dress in Green, Dress Down Day on Friday 5th October with the aim of garnering support ahead of its upcoming Radio/Telethon event. The organisation is appealing to schools, businesses and service clubs to dress in green in a show of solidarity and help raise funds collectively on its behalf. The […]
The Department of Planning is calling on all interested parties to register for its training course before time runs out. Hosted by the department’s Deputy Director, John England, and the Cayman Island Code Association the courses cover a variety of topics such as high wind design and construction, drawing submissions, as well as building control […]
Interested members of the public are invited to attend a series of musical presentations by visiting Jamaican rising star, soprano singer Sashekia Brown, at special services at the Kings Adventist Church Sept. 28-29. Sashekia and a number of choirs and chorales will be performing on Friday, September 28, beginning at 7 pm. She will also be […]
Tobacco licence holders are reminded of the 5 pm Thursday, 1 November 2018 deadline to apply for their annual licence renewals. Annual registration renewal fees are CI$500 for a retailer, CI$750 for a cigar bar and CI$5,000 for a wholesale distributor.
FreeCayAds is the Classifieds section of Cayman News Service Ltd. Once you have registered as a member, posting new ads is free.
Cayman News Service Ltd is a limited liability company registered in the Cayman Islands. The company has two shareholders, Nicola "Nicky" Watson and Wendy Ledger. Nicola Watson is the only director of Cayman News Service Ltd. Income for the company is entirely from paid advertisements.
- ACC arrest three in new fraud investigation(CNS): Investigators from the Anti-Corruption Commission, along with RCIPS officers, have arrested three men in an undisclosed corruption probe. Officials said that the suspects from George Town and Prospect were arrested yesterday (19 September) on suspicion of corruption offences, including fraud on the government and breach of trust. The men, who are aged 33, 37 and […]
- Miller questions health ministry garbage policy(CNS): Opposition Leader Ezzard Miller is questioning how the health ministry is handling garbage, as he believes officials are privatising parts of the collection process outside the parameters of the law and missing out on the collection of commercial garbage fees that are due to the public purse. Miller filed a freedom of information request […]
- Tips help police locate missing fisherman(CNS) UPDATED: Police have now confirmed that the fisherman reported missing on Wednesday has been found. Officers said they were able to locate Orlando Reynolds Martinez (29) from West Bay as a result of tips from the public. Martinez was reported missing after he was last seen by his aunt as he headed out to […]
- Victim injured in WB violent home invasion(CNS): Police are on the lookout for two men who committed a violent robbery at a home off Mount Pleasant Road in West Bay last night. At around 10pm on Wednesday a man who was in his yard was approached by two men he did not know. One of the men brandished a handgun and demanded […]
- Ministry to hold public meeting on cruise port(CNS): Five years after the government had its last full public meeting dedicated to the cruise berthing project, Tourism Minister Moses Kirkconnell has said on his Facebook page that he will be hosting a meeting next Wednesday about the project. In the face of public concerns about the project, government has claimed that it has […]
- FCO: Choudhury re-posted to UK(CNS) UPDATED: Cayman Islands Governor Anwar Choudhury will not be returning to the Cayman Islands but will be re-posted to London, according to an extremely brief statement from the governor’s office on Thursday. Officials said that a short-term successor will now be appointed while the recruitment process for a permanent replacement begins. Choudhury was suspended from […]
- OfReg’s oversight of water companies(Auntie): On Monday I answered a question from a reader who had received an eye-popping bill from Cayman Water (see Consumer hit with US$25K water bill), and said that I had contacted the Utility Regulation and Competition Office (OfReg) for its input and would let readers know when I heard from them. Given the public interest […]
- Burglars target GT business centre(CNS): The RCIPS is investigating overnight break-ins at the Cayman Business Park at the junction of Huldah Avenue and Elgin Avenue in George Town, where at least four businesses were targetted. The burglaries were reported to police shortly after 6am yesterday (19 September) after it was found that offices had been ransacked and an undisclosed […]
- Fraud uncovered during turtle farm audit(CNS) UPDATED: An employee of the Cayman Turtle Conservation and Education Centre Ltd, also known as the turtle farm has been arrested and suspended from their job after more financial irregularities were discovered during the facility’s 2016/17 audit. Management issued a very short statement on Wednesday evening stating about the latest scandal, which has been […]
- Wong’s lawyer raises allegations of perjury in traffic case(CNS): Local attorney Dennis Brady, who has been representing the Deputy Chief Immigration Officer Gary Wong in a protracted careless driving case, asked the court for an adjournment at his client’s sentencing hearing this week, saying he believed he may have proof that one of the witnesses in the trial committed perjury. Wong was convicted last […]