The Department of Environmental Health (DEH) advises residents of Grand Cayman to anticipate delays in residential garbage pick-up in some communities scheduled for collection today (Thursday, 21 June 2018). Affected areas include Frank Hall homes off the East-West Arterial, Anise Estates, Shamrock Road (from Ocean Club to inside Spotts Newlands), Shamrock Road (from Tall Tree […]
On the 20 June 2018 Sir John A. Cumber Primary School (SJACPS) was notified that one of their Year 6 students had passed away at home earlier that morning. The Ministry of Education, Department of Education Services (DES), and the School offer their sincerest condolences to the family during this most difficult time. A team […]
SUNDAY June 24th 2018 from 7am. Strut starts just down from Sundowner Condos to The Ritz & back; 2 mile route, with 3 mile route also available. If rained out, reserve date is 1st July. $25 registration fee includes raffle entry and breakfast item/drink whilst they last.
The Department of Commerce and Investment (DCI) in Grand Cayman, including its Business Licensing Counter on the first floor of the Government Administration Building, will be closed from 2pm on Thursday, 21 June 2018 to facilitate staff training.
The Department of Environmental Health (DEH) advises residents of Grand Cayman to anticipate delays in residential garbage pick-up in all communities scheduled for collection today (Wednesday, 20 June 2018). Affected areas include Randyke Gardens, Halfway Pond, Bobby Thompson Way to Oak Mill Street, South Sound Road, Old Crewe Road, Legacy Drive, Tropical Gardens, homes from […]
FreeCayAds is the Classifieds section of Cayman News Service Ltd. Once you have registered as a member, posting new ads is free.
Cayman News Service Ltd is a limited liability company registered in the Cayman Islands. The company has two shareholders, Nicola "Nicky" Watson and Wendy Ledger. Nicola Watson is the only director of Cayman News Service Ltd. Income for the company is entirely from paid advertisements.
- Teenagers arrested for West Bay mugging(CNS): Two 18-year-old men from West Bay are currently in custody after they turned themselves in following a street robbery in the district on Tuesday afternoon. The mugging happened at around 3pm outside a shop on Boatswain Bay Road. A man had just exited the store when two men who were both known to him approached, […]
- Women file legal case over marriage refusal(CNS): Chantelle Day and Vickie Bodden, who were denied the right to marry after the General Register refused the couple a licence in April because they are in a same-sex relationship, have filed an application in the Grand Court for a judicial review of that decision. In the first case of its kind in the Cayman […]
- Car thieves make off with Honda from West Bay(CNS): Police are appealing to the public for information on a stolen white 2002 Honda Accord, registration #170-861, which was taken from a residence on Florence Lane in West Bay sometime between 8:30pm on Monday and 9am on Tuesday, 18-19 June. The RCIPS is also urging car owners to ensure that their vehicles are properly secured, especially during […]
- Police nab Humane Society suspect burglar(CNS): A 34-year-old man from George Town was expected in court on Wednesday, after he was charged with breaking into the Humane Society’s office on North Sound Road sometime in the early morning hours of Monday, 18 June. The suspect smashed the front glass door of the charity. Facebook posts earlier this week by the […]
- Scammers revert to post for lottery con(CNS): The RCIPS Financial Crime Unit has received several reports from local people about a lottery scam using the old fashioned postal service. The FCU said members of the public received a letters in the mail purporting to be from the “Euro Lotto Commission” telling them that they had won the lottery and asking them […]
- Cops bust suspected drug smugglers at Smith Cove(CNS): Police recovered a significant, but as yet unspecified, haul of ganja following a drug bust early Tuesday morning at Smith Cove. Four men and a teenage boy were arrested and a boat, two vehicles and what appears to be almost a dozen black garbage bags full of ganja have all been seized, police said. […]
- Hospital silent over ACC’s arrest of staff(CNS): The Health Services Authority has said it will not be commenting on Tuesday’s arrests by the Anti-Corruption Commission of two members of its staff over allegations of fraud and corruption. The latest ACC investigation that led to the arrests of two George Town men yesterday focuses on the overtime scandal at the hospital that […]
- Cayman’s 2017 imports highest for ten years(CNS): The increase in the price of oil and the volume imported was behind a surge in the value of imports to Cayman last year of more than $23 million. But in a sign of improving economic fortunes for some residents, people living in Cayman also purchased a lot more goods. Figures from the Economics […]
- In search of a pickleball game in CaymanIs there a place we could play pickleball on the island? We are on a cruise ship and thought it would be fun if we could play pickleball instead of going on an excursion. Read Auntie’s answer and comment on CNS Local Life The post In search of a pickleball game in Cayman appeared first […]
- Chopper and JMU rescue kite-surfer(CNS): The police helicopter and the Joint Marine Unit were deployed Saturday afternoon to rescue a kite-surfer who found himself in trouble out at sea off the coast of Barkers. The police received a report from the surfer’s friends, who had lost sight of him when they were all out on the water at around […]