Please be advised that the Cayman Islands Airports Authority (CIAA) will be conducting a Full-Scale Emergency exercise at Owen Roberts International Airport on Tuesday evening, 19 June 2018. There may be some minor delays to motorists in the vicinity of the Airport caused by temporary road blocks, but this will be kept to the absolute minimum. Your patience […]
Recipients of the Ex-Gratia Seamen & Veterans Benefit who need help completing the Seamen & Veterans Continuation Confirmation Certificates can get assistance from Ministry of Community Affairs’ representatives. These need to be completed every two years.
The next Sickle Cell Support Group meeting will be held on Wednesday, 20 June 2018 at 7.30 p.m. at the Cayman Islands Hospital Public Health waiting room. Mrs. Romone Gayle, clinical pharmacist, will present on “Hydroxyurea Therapy in Children with Sickle Cell Anaemia”. All are invited. For further information, please contact the genetics coordinator on 244-2630 or […]
The Department of Commerce and Investment wishes to notify the public that its office will close early on Thursday, 14 June. The office will close at 2:30 p.m.to facilitate staff training. The Office will resume regular business hours on Friday 15 June.
CCMI is celebrating World Oceans Day and inviting members of the public to join us for these FREE events on Saturday, 9th June at Camana Bay. Seating is limited at the Cinema; registration is required.
FreeCayAds is the Classifieds section of Cayman News Service Ltd. Once you have registered as a member, posting new ads is free.
Cayman News Service Ltd is a limited liability company registered in the Cayman Islands. The company has two shareholders, Nicola "Nicky" Watson and Wendy Ledger. Nicola Watson is the only director of Cayman News Service Ltd. Income for the company is entirely from paid advertisements.
- Third teen on run from government home(CNS): Motesha Mothen (15) has become the third teenager this week to run away from a government children’s home. Mothen, who regularly absconds from the Frances Bodden Girls Home in Bodden Town, attended the John Gray High School yesterday but did not return to the home afterwards and has not been located since. Originally from West […]
- Ailing suspect to be extradited to Hawaii in theft case(CNS): An ailing 60-year-old local woman who absconded before she faced trial in Hawaii on theft and fraud charges is to be extradited to the United States after a magistrate ruled on Friday that there was no reason not to grant the request. Rosmarie Dellatore Bodden is accused of stealing some $70,000 from a 86-year-old […]
- CAYS Foundation Parents AssociationA CNS reader writes: I am a parent of a child in the care of Bonaventure Boys Home. I am actively trying to start CAYS Foundation Parents Association. It’s an initiative that so far has about 8 parents who are willing to join. I believe there is a beautiful power in unity. Parents with two […]
- RCIPS helicopter earns its keep for preemie baby(CNS): The police helicopter proved its worth for the second time this week when it airlifted a mother in premature labour from Cayman Brac to George Town, where she safely delivered the baby and where the early arrival was able to receive neonatal care. Police said that the RCIPS Air Operations Unit was deployed to […]
- No car inspections when it rainsA colleague of mine has just advised that the licensing department can no longer provide vehicle inspections in rainy weather. Is this true? Being that we have hurricane season five months out of the year, is this realistic? Do you know what the reason for this rule is if it’s in fact true? Read more […]
- Minister off the hook in careless driving case(CNS): The finance and economics minister, Roy McTaggart, was discharged by a traffic court magistrate Thursday, after prosecutors told the court that they had no evidence to pursue the case against him as the complainant was not willing to continue with the case. McTaggart had been charged with careless driving after a smash on Shamrock Road […]
- Police nab repeat Snug Harbour suspect burglar(CNS): A 45-year-old George Town man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary in relation to a break-in on 11 April at a home on Palm Heights Drive in Snug Harbour, George Town, an area that has had a spate of burglaries recently. In this instance several personal items were taken by the burglar. Police said the […]
- Couple arrested over illegal gun(CNS): A Bodden Town couple found themselves in police custody Thursday after an early morning raid at a house in the Lower Valley area of Bodden Town, in which an illegal revolver and ammunition were found. Following the operation by a joint task force of police and customs officers, a 24-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman […]
- Watler jailed for 4½ years for killing boyfriend(CNS): Brianna Watler (26) was sentenced Thursday to four and a half years in prison, following her conviction for the manslaughter of her boyfriend, Azzan Sherieff (23), in September last year in the wake of a violent altercation between the couple. Given the circumstances of the case, Justice Carlisle Greaves found that there was a […]
- Manderson challenges PAC’s Ahearn allegations(CNS): Acting Governor Franz Manderson has said that he will not be taking any disciplinary action against the health ministry’s chief officer, Jennifer Ahearn, because he does not believe that she lied to the Public Accounts Committee (PAC), as claimed in the recent correspondence to his office. Manderson said her “recollection could be considered mistaken or […]