Tafari Young resume
- Road works on Crewe Road between Navis Close and Silver Oaks Roundabout 18/10/2018
- NRA Announces Road Improvements Along North Church Street 12/10/2018
- Cruise port meeting 12/10/2018
- 2019 Public Holidays 11/10/2018
- Celebrate Cayman Joins Brac Heritage Autumn Festival 10/10/2018
- Road works on Crewe Road between Navis Close and Silver Oaks Roundabout 09/10/2018
- Older Persons Month Calendar 2018 03/10/2018
- Celebrate Cayman District Display Arrives in North Side 03/10/2018
- NCVO Radio/Telethon 30/09/2018
- DCI to Close Early on Friday 28 September 27/09/2018
FreeCayAds is the Classifieds section of Cayman News Service Ltd. Once you have registered as a member, posting new ads is free.
Cayman News Service Ltd is a limited liability company registered in the Cayman Islands. The company has two shareholders, Nicola "Nicky" Watson and Wendy Ledger. Nicola Watson is the only director of Cayman News Service Ltd. Income for the company is entirely from paid advertisements.
- Minister avoids cruise issue at tourism showcase(CNS): Speaking to an audience of industry stakeholders who sell the Cayman Islands tourism brand around the world on Tuesday, Tourism Minister Moses Kirkconnell promoted the destination’s pristine underwater experience, but avoided mentioning the planned destruction of it with the proposed cruise project. Kirkconnell only referred to the controversial cruise port and cargo project in […]
- Cops charge sex-offender suspect caught on camera(CNS): Leandro Solomon (28) from George Town, who was arrested in relation to a sexual assault on a woman in South Church Street earlier this week, has been formally charged with indecent exposure and indecent assault and is expected in court today, 18 October. The local man was arrested shortly after the incident, as the […]
- Discovery Point Club responds to accusationsRebuttal to ‘Neighbour furious over vegetation destruction’: Mr Johnson, this is the Strata Executive Committee’s reply to your email and your grossly inaccurate article in CNS. 1) There was no “wanton destruction” of your vegetation. After confirmation of the boundary lines, it appears there was no trespass. 2) No vegetation “around his house” was destroyed. […]
- Five cruise port ‘debate’ lessons101 writes: The debate surrounding the proposed new cruise berthing facility is far from over but the experience thus far has taught us more than a few lessons. Most of these lessons suggests the country is not getting the debate it deserves. Here are a few examples: ‘We the people’ have ‘selective’ outrage Those that […]
- FCO: Current balance of power is right(CNS): The FCO stated in submissions to the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Select Committee that it believes the current balance of power between Britain and its territories is broadly the right one. The document, submitted ahead of this week’s hearings by the committee reviewing the relationship with the UK and the British Overseas Territories, makes […]
- Sunshine Suites and Westin sold to Japanese investors(CNS): Two of Grand Cayman’s leading hotels have been sold to a Japanese investment company for more than $340 million. Invincible Investment Corporation has bought the 343-room Westin resort on Seven Mile Beach, which caters to the high-end tourism market, and the more budget line, but very popular, Sunshine Suites across the street. Pyramid Hotel Group, […]
- Driver charged 7 months on for fatal Brac crash(CNS): A 37-year-old man from Cayman Brac has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and refusing to provide a specimen of blood in connection with a crash on Cayman Brac at around 11pm on 27 February, in which Sharon Gayle-Clarke (51), a Jamaican nurse resident on the Brac, was killed. The accused man was […]
- Airport business goes to usual traders(CNS): The Cayman Islands Airports Authority (CIAA) has finally revealed the winning bidders that have secured the lucrative retail, duty-free and food and beverage concessions in the departure hall at the renovated Owen Roberts International Airport. From the 42 bids, the 20 available concessions have gone to just eleven largely established local traders. Retail and […]
From the Blog
As part of its continued effort to improve the Cayman Islands road network, the NRA continues to work diligently on the Crewe Road project. The NRA will be closing the westbound lane of Crewe Road at the Silver Oaks Roundabout for approx. another week from October 18th, 2018 to October 26th, 2018 between the hours […]
The National Roads Authority (NRA) along with its subcontractors will be upgrading a section of North Church Street between Bodden Road and Rackams, commencing on October 13th, 2018. The road works at this location are to improve the pavement surface and drainage in this area.
The Opposition is inviting members of the public to have a voice in the future of Cayman’s cruise industry at the last district meeting on Monday, Oct. 15, at the East End Civic Centre. Meeting begins at 7:30 pm.
Public Holidays in the Cayman Islands for 2019, except the Queen’s Birthday holiday, are officially confirmed by the Deputy Governor’s Office. The Governor’s Office informs the Trooping of the Colour, annual ceremony held to commemorate the Queen’s Official Birthday, is likely to be on Saturday, 8 June 2019. Consequently, the official Queen’s Birthday public holiday […]
Celebrate Cayman will be sharing the story of the Cayman Islands Coat of Arms at the Cayman Brac Heritage Autumn Festival this weekend. The festival, now in its fourth year, features a variety of arts and culture events celebrating Cayman’s creative community, with events and activities taking place from the 12 – 14 October.